TV watching while camping can be a lot of fun, but there are a few things you need to know to make sure you have a good experience. In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to watch tv while camping so that you can stay entertained and comfortable during your trip.
If you’re looking for a way to watch your favorite shows and movies while camping, then a portable TV is a great option. There are several different models available, so you can choose one that fits your needs and budget. Another option is to use a tablet or laptop to stream content from Netflix, Hulu, or other streaming services.
However, both these options offer limited image size projection. If you are looking for a large image projection, consider buying portable projectors for camping.
This blog post will watch TV while tent camping using a portable outside projector.
While shortlisting an outdoor projector, you need to consider two crucial things:
- it should be a high lumen projector (minimum 3000 lumens)
- It should have an HDMI port or streaming stick compatibility
Once you have a suitable outdoor projector, you can connect with digital media sources such as streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku.
Steps to connect the projector (with HDMI port) with an Amazon Fire Stick
- Plug the AMazon fire stick in the HDMI port on the projector
- Select the streaming device to play your favorite movies and shows
- Select the icon from the various options displayed such as Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, Hulu
- Enter the login information
- You are ready to play your favorite show.
How to connect Amazon Fire TV Stick with projector without HDMI
If you are using an old projector, you will likely miss the HDMI port on it. However, connecting it with an Amazon Fire TV stick using a converter is still possible.
Steps to connect the projector (without HDMI port) with Amazon Fire Stick
- Figure out the connectivity option available with your projectors such as VGA, USB, or any other.
- Select the appropriate HDMI converter between the projector and Amazon stick according to the intermediary.
- Connect the Amazon stick to the converter.
- Connect the converter to the projector
- Select the streaming device
- Enter your login information
- You are all set to watch your favorite show.
Outdoor Projectors Vs. TV – which one is better?
According to projectorpick.com, the former is a clear winner for its high portability and affordability when it comes to a detailed comparison between an outdoor projector and a TV. These projectors are generally battery-powered and can be easily moved to places like the backyard, at your camping spots, and even at business meetings.
While TV takes the lead in brightness, they are not that portable and pocket friendly. Setting up a projector is super easy as they come with a battery backup. However, you always need the nearest power source to set up a TV.
How to Use a Projector as a TV?
TV tuner Box is an alternative to the Amazon Fire TV stick that can turn your projector into a big-screen TV. You can search and view free TV signals using a tuner box and project your favorite shows on a big screen using a projector. TV-tuners are available for both HDMI and A/V connections. However, most people nowadays are more interested in cable TV than terrestrial TV.
Hence, the digital cable box is meant to deliver HD channels.
You don’t need to miss your favorite show while camping, as there are many intelligent outdoor projectors in the market to bring the TV experience to your camping site. These projectors are super easy to set up and deliver a big-screen experience to elevate your TV watching experience.