Finding it hard to get up in the morning and go about the day with energy? With family to take care of and office work to handle, there is a lot on your plate. You might be able to juggle between the two but in the end it all makes feel drained of all energy.
What if there was a natural and holistic way for you to carry out the day’s activities without feeling tired? Yes! The ancient art of yoga can help you enjoy the day with more energy and enthusiasm.
But, the question begs –
How Can Yoga Help Me Remain Energetic All Day?
A common issue with those working in the corporate sector these days is they do not get enough time to relax after a day’s work. From the moment they get off the bed, it is a never-ending race to the office and back home.
However, the ancient art of yoga provides you complete knowledge to unlock the true hidden potential. Even the ancient yoga gurus experienced and propogated the health benefits offered by a morning yoga practice.
That said, let us check out some of the major health benefits which morning yoga has in store for you.
1. Relieves Chronic Pain
Numerous medical and scientific studies have shown that yoga helps you prevent or reverse chronic pain. Those who practice yoga regularly have more gray matter in areas especially those related to controlling pain.
One thing you need to remember is to practice the right energetic poses to reap this benefit. Enroll in a certified yoga school to learn the best yoga poses to keep chronic pain at bay.
2. Improves Sleep Quality
There is no denying the fact that yoga does contain many powerful techniques and methods to help you enjoy a deep sleep at night. The deeply relaxating nature of yoga helps your mind exit from an ever-thinking to a calmer one.
Learning yoga under the guidance of experienced yoga teachers has shown positive results in helping many improve their sleeping pattern. Moreover, it has also shown promise in handling sleep-related issues like insomnia, and sleep apnea.
3. Minimizes Inflammation
Chronic inflammation has been found to be the culprit behind numerous health problems like diabetes, heart diseases, and even cancer. With yoga, your body develops the capabilty to change the pro-inflammatory cytokine levels.
These are the proteins which regulate your body’s response towards disease and infection. Enroll in a certified yoga school to understand the true spirit of yoga and how doing it early morning helps you keep numerous health problems away.
However, for you to experience these benefits you have to practice the right yoga asanas.
Morning Yoga Asanas
Given below are 3 asanas you can practice during early morning.
1. Mountain Pose
- Stand on the yoga mat with both hands by your body’s side. Keep both feet hip-width apart.
- Keep both toes facing forwards and feet parallel.
- Distribute your body weight evenly on both feet. Do not lean forward or backward.
- Adjust your body posture to keep your ankles, shoulders, hips, and knees in a single line.
- Roll both shoulders back and down to open your chest.
- Tuck your chin slightly in to keep the ears aligned over the shoulders.
- Take a deep breathe through your nose. Hold for a single breath.
Note: Yoga experts recommend that you practice this energetic poses to focus inward and improve your body balance.
2. Extended Mountain Pose
- From the Mountain pose, breathe in and raise both arms outwards from the sides of your head to above it.
- Make sure your palms are facing each other with both hands shoulder-width apart and arms completely straight.
- With both arms raised, extend your spine till the back is a bit curved inward. Your arms should also be reaching slightly behind you.
- Hold this position for one breath.
Note: When you are practicing this yoga asana, make sure to contract the abs as this helps keep your back safe.
3. Downward Dog Pose
- Keep both palms down on the yoga mat. Curl your toes under and exhale.
- Lift your hips towards the ceiling. Straighten your legs and try touching both heels to the mat.
- Draw your abs in while spreading your fingers and toes.
- Look through your feet with the crown of your head pointing downwards. Make sure your ears are next to the upper arms.
- Hold this position for one breath. Bend your legs and get back onto your hands and knees with the spine completely straight.
This is it! The secret to rejuvenate your body and mind for the day ahead every morning.
Want to get up every morning with more energy and enthusiasm to carry on the day? You should enroll in a certified yoga school to learn and practice the best energetic poses of yoga.